Favorite Philippines movie

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Martinsx, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Martinsx

Martinsx New Member

Movies are one thing that keeps growing on daily basis, with new upcoming artists looking to have a name in the movie industry. This has made available a whole of movies in the Philippines part of the world.

So, having said that, what's your favorite Philippines movie? Mine happens to be this great movie called "The Promise".

2. Lissiel Calo

Lissiel Calo New Member

My all-time-favorite Filipino movie is "Anak". I still watch it over and over again. It's really a classic movie.

3. Rita101

Rita101 New Member

I have watched this Philippines movie called The Promise. It's Philippine name is called Pangako Sa Yo and it was a romantic melodrama television series that was released in 2015. My favorite character in the movie were Angelo, Kristine and Eula Valdez.

4. Vash

Vash New Member

One of my favorite Filipino movies is One More Chance. It is a romantic movie which stars Bea Alonzo and John Lloyd Cruz. I just love the story and the acting.

5. Creashia

Creashia New Member

My favorite filipino movie is "Ang Tanging Ina" because the film is about family it deals about struggles in life of being a mother that has different husband and it also has a flavor of comedy.

6. Martinsx

Martinsx New Member

Anak? The name sounds familiar, I think that I must have heard about it from somewhere but I can't seem to place it. Please I would like to know if it's a TV series or just ordinary movie? What's the plot or storyline of the movie all about?

7. Martinsx

Martinsx New Member

@Rita101 you got the name "Pangako Sa Yo" very correct. I don't know how to write it without making a mistake. Angelo is a good character in the movie but he seemed weak in my opinion especially in his relationship life and how his parents manipulated him.

Rita101 likes this.
  8. Martinsx

Martinsx New Member

Seriously, I think that Filipino movies centers mostly on love and romance. It seems to be selling very well for their movie industry and it can only be affixed to the fact that they produce heart touching lovely stories.

9. Martinsx

Martinsx New Member

I haven't watched this Philippine movie called "Ang Tanging Ina". From what you just mentioned about its storyline, it looks like it's going to be an interesting movie. Once I'm done with the current American series movie that I'm watching called "Homeland", I will definitely seek out "Ang Tanging Ina" to watch.

Thanks.

10. Rita101

Rita101 New Member

Haha, you are very correct with your assessment of Angelo in the movie "Pangako Sa Yo" - The Promise, he was literally a cry baby in my opinion all through the movie. In the average of 2:3 scenes that he appeared in the movie, he cried in all of them. But, I think that made him looked lovely. Every girl loves a man who will cry for them :).

Martinsx likes this.
  11. ion

ion New Member

For me the movie of Robin Padilla, "Mistah". I really like this movie and I think the story of this movie is really applicable in the Philippines. The story is about the life of soldiers, religions, and war. This is the root of misunderstanding in the Philippines. Every Filipino should watch and understand this movie.

12. MhicaF

MhicaF New Member

My favorite Filipino movies are the one that reminds us of our Heroes (Bayani), for example is "Heneral Luna" (General Luna) which is one of my favorite movies of all. It shows the life of General Antonio Luna who sacrificed a lot for the country but still was acused as traitor by a fellow filipino. He was slandered by someone, saying untrue things about him in order to damage his reputation. He died in Cabanatuan and it was not clearly stated if he really was killed by fellow Filipino but if you watch this movie this will really open your heart and mind to how important how they fought for our county's independence. After watching this movie, for me General Antonio Luna is the best General n his time in the Philippines.

My favorite line in that movie is, "Mayroon tayong malaking kaaway kaysa mga amerikano, Ang ating mga sarili."

"We have a bigger opponent than the Americans, that is ourselves."

13. wallet

wallet New Member

My favorite Philippines movie is Kita Kita, were Lea learns how to live her life without seeing, is a sad story but something that could come real for someone.

14. Rita101

Rita101 New Member

I must confess that this movie was one of the all time great of Philippines movies. It's keyed with the history of the country, thereby making it a historical movie. It's been a long time that I had watched the movie and since you have mentioned it here now, I'm going to look for the possibility of getting the movie to watch again. Do you know any website where one can download Philippines movies?

15. Martinsx

Martinsx New Member

I haven't watched this movie and from what you just explained which I took time to read, the movie seems like it's g to be very interesting. Normally, historical and adventure movies are my favorite movie genres, so I would most likely look for this movie to watch. I simply hope that it's good or ever better more than the way you explained it.

16. Martinsx

Martinsx New Member

Haha, you are very correct my friend @Rita101 with saying that Angelo was a cry baby in the movie Pangako Sa Yo" - The Promise. It actually made him looked soft from the way I saw it. I'm well aware that girls would love having a guy who would cry for them but it's actually irritating seeing my fellow man cry for a lady the way Angelo did in the movie Pangako Sa Yo" - The Promise.

17. RoseKaizer

RoseKaizer New Member

I think "Anak" is the best movie in the Philippines.The story is really good and catchy. And it is really dramatic and emotional movie.

18. luv2x

luv2x New Member

There is also "Tanging Yaman" and it is a nice movie and then yes, " Anak". I also like the sotry of bea and Jhon Llyod if i am correct it is called "One More Chance."

19. Jelineex

Jelineex New Member

Anak means child. It's a movie and a song. " Anak" movie is a drama. It's about the OFW ( Overseas Filipino Worker ) who works abroad seeking for financial freedom. Leaving her family but she lost her children's affection. It's mostly about relationship. In spite of what she have done and sacrifices, everything failed. It's a reflection of reality. On the hand, " Anak" is song written and performed by Freddie Aguilar. He is one the famous artist in Philippines. The song is about the life of a child. How he was love and raised by his parents. He lost direction and have a realization at the end.

20. luv2x

luv2x New Member

Yes I also watched that movie. It is very tragic like and I shed a of tears watching this movie. Why did I forgot this movie, i have watched it when I was in elementary. I just hope star cinema or PBO will air it. What I like from this movie is their camaraderie and I love how they their loyalty to the Philippines.