Filipino culture

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by MhicaF, Jul 24, 2018.

1. MhicaF

MhicaF New Member

Here in Philippines, we call the vendors "Manong" (male vendor) and "Manang" (female vendor). Proudly our mode of transportation is trycicles and the famous Jeepney. Once we already arrive in our destination, we tell the driver "Para!" or "Manong, Para po".

kuya likes this.
  2. Lissiel Calo

Lissiel Calo New Member

True, we Filipino also has the culture called "Mano". Where we met people who are older than us, we ask for their right hand to put it on our forehead as a sign of respect. The people that we Mano is Our parents, Our Aunts/Uncle, Godmother/Father and other people who are much older than us.

3. RoseKaizer

RoseKaizer New Member

We say Po and Opo in our parents or youngest people. We also do " Mano Po" as.a signed of politeness.

4. Yes, we do have it here as a form of respect. I don't see it from other nationalities. It has been part of our culture for a very long time and is a very good trait of Filipinos. It is part of being a Filipino.

5. theresajane

theresajane New Member

That is what I like about Filipino culture. I don't think I have seen other countries practice this regularly.

6. matt9005

matt9005 New Member

This method of expressing respect is unique to the Philippines. That's why I like Filipino culture so much. It's very exclusive.

7. cjctm11

cjctm11 New Member

We filipinos also loves to smile even though we are facing some problems. I am not saying that we are the most smiling face people in the world but this was also part of our culture. Smile whether you have tons of problems. Smile when you have nothing to offer. It was just a habit that could turn somebody's day great.

8. Corzhens

Corzhens Member

Kuya and ate are generic terms used when talking to strangers like the bus driver or bus conductor who can be addressed Kuya. In some provinces Manong and Manang are used. For older people Tay for a man or Nay for a woman are used as a term for respect.