Foreigner student

Discussion in 'Meeting People' started by Corzhens, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens Member

A foreign student is always welcome in the community because Filipinos are always showing their hospitality to foreigners. The only advice to the student foreigner is to focus on his studies for the people around him may have endless invitations for activities like drinking and going out. The foreign student can also ask help from the people in the neighborhood regarding his studies.

2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Member

When I was younger I had a friend who is a foreign student living in a boarding house. His friend was my colleague who wanted to help him. We would be drinking in his boarding house for casual talks so he would learn Tagalog faster. We also bring him to places in the city like the zoo and the park. I think foreign students will enjoy studying here because of the hospitality of the people.

3. Corzhens

Corzhens Member

It is good if the foreign student would meet hospitable and kind people because there are people who see foreigners as money. Anyway, I think it is a good idea to help the foreign student not only with his studies but also with the learning of the Filipino culture. Going out to the city and to the rural provinces is a good immersion.