It's more fun in the Philippines

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by fishbate, Jul 21, 2018.

1. fishbate

fishbate New Member

I have seen the short video promotion of the Philippines, where a foreigner that seems to be travelling was called "anak" by a lady. Now i know "anak" means my child. I also want to know what's that food that the lady gave to the foreigner. It seems like a cone or a cone shaped bread? Just curious...:)

2. Martinsx

Martinsx New Member

I have seen a lot of documentary about the Philippines part of the world, and I must confess that it's one cool place to live in. Their culture seems to be welcoming and tolerating unlike some other parts of the world especially the Islamic world. I have a friend who lives in Philippines and he tells me that it's a wonderful place to live in.

3. Rita101

Rita101 New Member

I really haven't been in that part of the world but from what I heard from people who lived there is that it's a nice place to stay. It's not that life is 100 percent perfect over there, but at least it's a peaceful place to live in. I have seen a lot about Philippines in movies and if they have 50% of what I see in the movie in their real life there, then it's definitely worth living there.

4. Khanhtran123

Khanhtran123 New Member

I've heard about how cheap the food is in Philippines also. How much does it cost for a foreigner to be in Philippines per day?

5. Creashia

Creashia New Member

Yes it is indeed more fun in the Philippines
    Yes you can say that it is cheap because the amount of 1$ here in the Philippines is equivalent to 53 piso. I think it will only cost 5$-10$ a foreigner per day.

6. Rita101

Rita101 New Member

You are absolutely right about feeding or food being cheap in Philippines and to crown it all, they have excellent delicious dishes that would make you want to over feed if you are not the type that has control over what you eat.

Some of the best Philippines food that I have seen so far are, Chicken Afritada, Pancit Palabok, Pork Adobo and Oxtail stew.

Martinsx likes this.
  7. Khanhtran123

Khanhtran123 New Member

Wow that is really cheap, even for an Asian country. I would love to visit Philippines soon

8. ion

ion New Member

I think its biko in our local dialect but in just different shape. Yeah, it's really more fun in the Philippines. That's why I salute our president by being not priority the money and close the boracay for rehabilitation. The locals and previous administration and other government officials before always think about money from tourists and forgot to maintain the beauty of that island. Our president duterte should also close the El nido, puerto princesa, bohol, puerto galera, and other best tourist destinations after the rehabilitation of boracay.

9. Henrywrites

Henrywrites New Member

You are absolutely right as the people of Philippines are nice people that are ready to mingle with others. Also, the fact that I have lots of them as friends on the internet has shown that they can always make friends for the development of interactions with others.

10. Rita101

Rita101 New Member

Exactly @Henrywrites you are absolutely right about Philippines people being all nice and friendly. To be honest with you, I actually first encountered them online when I started as a freelancer and ever since then, I have come to make lots of friends who are from that part of the world.

11. Martinsx

Martinsx New Member

I have only tasted Pork Adobo and Chicken Afritada over here in a restaurant that serves continental dishes and I must confess that both the meals are very tasty and yummy.

I enjoy eating pork very well more than any other kind of meat, so I did enjoyed the meal Pork Adobo very well.

12. Henrywrites

Henrywrites New Member

That is nice to hear. One thing is that I see the place where making friends and being respectful is one of the goals. You get to understand how important both virtues are when you need a friend to talk to.

13. Henrywrites

Henrywrites New Member

It is nice that the president is someone that cares about the citizens. The thing is that when a country is doing well,it is always as a result of having good leaders at the helm of affairs.

14. Martinsx

Martinsx New Member

Exactly. Unlike my country where the president cares more about his cows more than human beings, lives and property. It's only God that will save my country from the hands of evil rulers.

15. Rita101

Rita101 New Member

It's true dear @Henrywrites, having a good friend from an unplanned situation is very interesting. It's exactly what I felt when I started making friends all over the internet especially with my fellow freelance writers. Philippines people are on top of my friends list at the moment and they are all good and nice people.

16. Rita101

Rita101 New Member

Nice @Martinsx, I also enjoy pork meal because they are very tasty and delicious. Restaurants that deals on continental dishes are always very valued, there are seen as another man's homeland in a foreign country because you get to enjoy something that comes from your country in another part of the world there.

17. ion

ion New Member

Yeah, that's right, that's why much better to have a leader who really doesn't really care about the big organization, influential and well know person who used to use people just to get sympathy. Just a leader who doing his job, and take all the responsibility. Majority of people voted the leader to do his job.

18. RoseKaizer

RoseKaizer New Member

Yeah its really more fun in the Philippines, from the people live that are very hospitable and respectful person. Different tourist attraction can find there. Like Palawan. I am so amazed with their different beaches there.

19. junrose123

junrose123 New Member

I really agree that it is more fun in the Philippines because most of the people here are very friendly and hospitable and that what makes Filipinos especial to other countries because of such good characteristics that we have. It is great to know that worldwide Filipinos are being well known for such traits which we really value most of the time. Besides we have a lot of beautiful places and beaches in our country which makes other people keep coming back every now and then. It is really great and more fun in the Philippines since we can have a lot of things to do here which is really great.

20. It is called kakanin here in my country. There are lots of different types of kakanin, that is only one of those. It is very delicious and a native food here in the Philippines. There are lots of it especially on December approaching Christmas. It is sold outside of churches when having the "simbang gabi" mass. You should visit the Philippines and try this.:)