Most popular religion in Philippines

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Martinsx, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Martinsx

Martinsx New Member

Good day everyone in the Tagalog Forum.

I have this curiosity about the most popular and dominant religion that is being practiced in Philippines. I have seen a lot of articles that says its Christianity and how much the Philippines value Christmas. So, I would like to hear from the horses mouth through the Philippines in the forum, which is now the most popular religion in their country?

2. Rita101

Rita101 New Member

I think that the most popular religion in Philippines is Christianity. From the last time that I checked the statistics, it showed that over 70% of the Philippines population are Roman Catholics while the remaining ones belong to various nationalized Christian cults and protestant denominations. I'm not sure if Islamic religion have entered the country but you never can tell with the way that religion is aggressively expanding.

3. Lissiel Calo

Lissiel Calo New Member

Christianity is the most popular religion and the most popular Christians here are the Roman Catholics. Second to Christianity is Islam.

4. Vash

Vash New Member

The Roman Catholic and Christian population are spread across the country. Muslims, the non-Christian group, are mostly concentrated on Mindanao.

5. Rita101

Rita101 New Member

I have come across a lot of people online from Philippines and more than 90 of all of them are Christians. At first, I wondered if there wasn't any other religion in the country but I knew that wasn't going to be possible. After my research into the question, it was realized that Christianity happened to be the most popular and dominant religion practiced in the country and it's the reason why most of them are Christians.

6. ion

ion New Member

Roman Catholic and Christian I think is the famous religion in our country, Philippines. But sad to say, this religion is the cause of trouble in our country. The loser politicians using this religion against the government and some of the well known priest uses the church to discuss the politics, this is how the religion works right now in our country.

7. Rita101

Rita101 New Member

When religion is called the opium of the masses, it wasn't a joke. People do all sorts of things all in the name of religion. It's actually good that Christians or Christianity is the most popular religion in the country, if it had been Islamic religion, all hell will break lose because of the extremists practicing Islam.

8. Martinsx

Martinsx New Member

I don't think that there is any part of the world that Islam haven't spread across to. Islam is very aggressive with the way its expanding its reach and it can all be affixed to the jihad war that laid the basis of the religion.

9. ion

ion New Member

if it had been Islamic religion, all hell will break lose because of the extremists practicing Islam.[/QUOTE]

This the reason why there's a misunderstanding and end up in war most of the time by comparing the religion with another religion. All we need is the respect and understand what the other religion beliefs. I only hate about the religion is being used by the loser politicians because of big amount of donation and use the people, members to fight against the politicians they hate.

10. Martinsx

Martinsx New Member

At the moment, it seems the Christians are more popular and the dominant religion being practiced in Philippines but with the way Islam is being propagated, it's definitely going to rival Christianity sooner than later.

11. Martinsx

Martinsx New Member

The truth is that there are always going to be a minority religion in all part of the world. Normally, the way it happens is that the first religion that came to the country will hold more root then any other new ones being introduced.

12. Martinsx

Martinsx New Member

This the reason why there's a misunderstanding and end up in war most of the time by comparing the religion with another religion. All we need is the respect and understand what the other religion beliefs. I only hate about the religion is being used by the loser politicians because of big amount of donation and use the people, members to fight against the politicians they hate.[/QUOTE]

Someone called Islam a violent religion one time online and he was criticized so much for it but looking at all the horrors carried out by the so called Islam religion sect, it's very obvious that the religion is anchored with violence.

13. Rita101

Rita101 New Member

You have a very good point about the Jihad war of Usman Dan Fodio having a serious effect and influence on how Islamic religion is being practiced and applied in what they do all over the world. Islamist are always ready to fight, they thrive in violence and this makes such religion a threat to peace in my opinion. Although, there are good ones who practice true Islam but majority of them misinterpret the religious doctrine of Islam.

14. ion

ion New Member

Someone called Islam a violent religion one time online and he was criticized so much for it but looking at all the horrors carried out by the so called Islam religion sect, it's very obvious that the religion is anchored with violence.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's right, like how the Spain did to the people in Philippines to introduce the religon, but until there's someone who will criticize someone's religion, it will never stop. I'm a Roman Catholic, I'm criticizing my own religion, that's much more better way to do than against the other religion.

15. Rita101

Rita101 New Member

Yeah, that's right, like how the Spain did to the people in Philippines to introduce the religon, but until there's someone who will criticize someone's religion, it will never stop. I'm a Roman Catholic, I'm criticizing my own religion, that's much more better way to do than against the other religion.[/QUOTE]

To be honest with you, no religion is 100% perfect. There is always some flaws in all of them but that of Islamic religion is way too extreme from my perspective and little experience that I have had with Islamists. I would never marry a Muslim.

16. ion

ion New Member

To be honest with you, no religion is 100% perfect. There is always some flaws in all of them but that of Islamic religion is way too extreme from my perspective and little experience that I have had with Islamists. I would never marry a Muslim.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like what I said, that's why I given my own example from my own religion. Basically, but the point is, religion is religion, no one forcing us to join them unlike before. We are not pure Catholic here in forum, There might be a muslim here, well hopefully none. :)

17. RoseKaizer

RoseKaizer New Member

I think Roman Catholic is most popular religion in the Philippines. Mostly of the Filipinos are Catholic. But i respect all the religion.

18. theresajane

theresajane New Member

Christianity is the most popular religion in our country. But, thinking about it, it is very uncomfortable comparing them because it causes conflicts and such.

19. Caguioa747

Caguioa747 New Member

Christianity is still the most common religion in the philippines. I think 80% of filipinos are christians and the other 20% are muslims, mormons, INC and many more.

20. matt9005

matt9005 New Member

Just go on wikipedia and check out the statistics. Christians, or Catholics, are still the dominant majority of Filipino theists.