Tagalog can be easy to learn

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Esthrala, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Esthrala

Esthrala New Member

Tagalog for me is a language that is easier to learn. I am not saying this because I can speak the language, but because I have observed how foreigners can easily learn and speak it. I presume that it's because Tagalog pronunciation is pretty straightforward. There is not that much complications when saying Tagalog words. Unlike other languages that have specific tones of speaking (like English, French, German ect.), how you spell tagalog words is how you say them as well. The only thing that you have to take note is the intonation. As for the spelling, just like I said, how you spell it is how you say it. As long as you're familiar enough with this language, it'll be a lot easier to master. Interesting, right? These things are some of the reasons why I love Tagalog, aside from the fact that I am a Filipino.

2. theresajane

theresajane New Member

You have a great point. I also think that a language is easier to learn when you are surrounded by people who speak it. Since foreigners are surrounded by Filipinos who are very hospitable and patient in teaching, they surely learn fast when being taught.

3. matt9005

matt9005 New Member

Well, any language is easy to learn as long as you practice enough. Practice makes perfect, you know.

4. cjctm11

cjctm11 New Member

I am currently working on place where there is a lot of foreigners specially asians. A lot of them wants to learn some tagalog and they asked me some words to translate. They could easily get or speak the word that they want to know and a lot of them knows how to speak tagalog. Even though it wasn't fluent but still I could easily understand what they want to tell me. What I only recognize is that they can't spell it out but they could speak it easily.

5. Corzhens

Corzhens Member

The advantage in Tagalog grammar is you can use the root verb with no problem. An example is Eat which is Kain. In English the conjugation is eat, eating, ate. In Tagalog it is kain, kumakain at kumain. But for foreigners it is accepted if you just use Kain without the conjugation. However, you will learn the proper use of verbs as you hear more people talking and using the verbs.