The amulet of Lolo Juan

Discussion in 'Pinoy Culture' started by Alexandoy, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Member

My cousin’s grandfather was claimed to have an amulet that made him live a long life. That amulet gives him the skills in arnis – this is a native martial arts using 2 sticks. Lolo Juan, as we called him, was the grand champion in Arnis and no one in their town could beat him in competitions. I was already in college when Lolo Juan died but that is another story.

2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Member

Lolo Juan is not only good in arnis but also with women. Although he was not a womanizer but it is easy for him to court a girl or a woman because of his amulet. I remember him being a soft spoken man and has no airs. He also did not talk about his prowess in martial arts. He was a widow and remarried that bore 3 sons and the eldest was my Tio Eloy.

3. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Member

Only few people know of the amulet because according to my Tio Eloy who is the eldest son of Lolo Juan in his second marriage, the amulet’s power diminishes when people get to know of it. In fact, the children of Lolo Juan got to know of the amulet only when they already have families. It was not clear how Lolo Juan got the amulet but the story revolves around the banana blossom.

4. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Member

Another son of Lolo Juan told the story of the amulet from the banana blossom. You should wait for the first drop of the liquid and the drop should go straight to your mouth. It should be a full moon. When you get the drop then you will gain unimaginable power in any field that you like. Lolo Juan chose arnis. IMG_2609 puso agimat.JPG

5. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Member

When Lolo Juan got sick, he was more than 80. Doctors found him to be diabetic and had one foot amputated. But even in his hospital bed, one grandson told me that Lolo Juan was still drinking gin. He was kind of alcoholic and maybe the alcohol was giving him the strength that he didn’t appear weak nor sick in the hospital.

6. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Member

One day in the hospital, his son Tio Eloy visited him. Tio Eloy is the husband of my father’s younger sister. Lolo Juan whispered to Tio Eloy about the amulet. That he wanted to pass it on to Tio Eloy. But Tio Eloy was not the adventurous type. He declined amid the insistence of his father who was looked weakening. At that instance, Tio Eloy said that he felt his father was already dying.

7. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Member

With the nurse inside the hospital room of Lolo Juan, Tio Eloy saw his father breathing heard. Suddenly there was a small black thing, like a butterfly or moth, that came out of Lolo Juan’s mouth. Both Tio Eloy and the nurse were surprised much more when the flying thing dropped on the floor and evaporated. That was the moment that Lolo Juan breathed his last.

8. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Member

After so many years after the death of Lolo Juan, it was Tio Eloy who got sick and died of leukemia. After the burial, my cousin Lito presented me a brown envelope containing sheets of paper with handwritten notes and drawings. It was the paraphernalia of his Lolo Juan that was kept by Tio Eloy and was given to Lito. I was scared to check on the documents but I saw one drawing that has the devil on top of Jesus. Oh well, believe it or not but it was what I saw.

9. Corzhens

Corzhens Member

I have read stories about amulets and how they could get it from someone who knows the rituals. If Lolo Juan’s amulet was genuine, it is a waste that his family declined to inherit. Although I believe that amulets come from the devil but we really cannot tell because it is something out of the ordinary.